Tourism Wikicrumbs: Tour :
Akron, in case you don't know, is not the world's most tourist friendly place. Sure, we get visitors and tourists, but due to some "strange quirk" of personality, location, and weather, our fair city is quite reserved and conventional. Finding the good places to go, and things to see sometimes takes months of living here. We at AkronWiki aim to change that!
Akron Wiki Guide to Rochester
This page is a guide for people visiting Akron. It won't take you to five-star hotels, or dinner at $200 a plate. It will show you the highlights of the city through the eyes of our contributors, who love this city like the back of their hands.
Sites to Visit
A good place to start is Discover Akron/Summit
- Akron Art Museum
- Akron Fossils & Science Center
- Akron Police Museum
- Akron Zoological Park
- Dr. Bob's House
- F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm
- Geauga Lake's Wild Water Kingdom
- Hower House
- Invent Now Museum
- John Brown Home
- John S. Knight Center
- Kent State University Fashion Museum
- Life of Christ Exhibit
- Lockheed Martin Airdock
- MAPS Air Museum
- Mustill Store and House
- Pan African Culture and Research Center
- Perkins Stone Mansion
- Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
- Summit Artspace
- The American Marble & Toy Museum
Other Akron Wiki Pages with events
Compared to dedicated sites, a wiki sometimes makes a poor format for gathering, organizing, and presenting geography and guides. Here are worthy alternatives.
- http://wikitravel.org/en/Akron - Travel wiki provides much of the most basic information about the area and traveling to it. An excellent guide for a business traveler.