Andrei B. Borisov, Ph. D. was a researcher at the University of Michigan from 1997 to 2008.
University of Michigan apologizes, settles lawsuit with dismissed professor for $550,000, AnnArbor.com, May 24, 2011
The University of Michigan will pay $550,000 to settle a civil lawsuit brought by Andrei Borisov, a dismissed U-M professor who sued the university, alleging fraud, defamation and false imprisonment, according to a settlement agreement obtained today by AnnArbor.com.
- A Mess at Michigan, Inside Higher Ed, May 25, 2010
Last fall, lawyers for Borisov sued several officials at Michigan for fraud and defamation, amid other charges. In the meantime, the faculty groups undertook their own reviews of what went sour in the relationship between the researcher and the university.
Read more: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2010/05/25/borisov#ixzz2N6oqfZpp
Andrei Borisov, a former non-tenured research assistant professor in the U-M Medical School Department of Pediatrics, claims defamation, fraud and false imprisonment in his lawsuit.
- Regents Get Update on Town-Gown Relations: Updates from Kosteva, Ann Arbor firefighter, Ann Arbor Chronicle, September 2009
Department of Public Safety: Two people spoke on the same issue related to the DPS. Douglas Smith, a UM alumnus, spoke about the treatment of Dr. Andrei Borisov, whom Smith described as a whistleblower who was beaten by campus police then arrested for assaulting police officers.
- Andrei Borisov stories on AnnArbor.com
- Andrei Borisov stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Andrei Borisov stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Andrei Borisov stories in the Google News archives