- State of Michigan recommendations
- Ann Arbor Public Schools has a fantastic community resources guide for COVID-19
- AATA has gone fare-free. Some downtown parking is also free to minimize contact
- Huron Valley Mutual Aid Spreadsheet
- Volunteer with Washtenaw County
- TeaHaus is making free box lunches for school aged kids as long as the schools are closed and there is no reliable meal plan. Likewise, Palm Palace and Conor O'neill's.
- Hope Clinic - Offers complementary meals, groceries, produce, laundry, toiletries and baby items. Also offering free medical care, dental care, and mental healthcare to uninsured and under-insured people,
- Food Gatherers food pantry map
- Kekere Emergency Childcare Collective "has formed as a response to the shutting of schools due to the Corona virus (COVID-19). Taking care of children is no easy task, so we are looking for help in all areas and skill levels. Direct childcare, childcare assistance, transportation, spaces for children, supplies, food etc. Any amount of help is much appreciated. Please fill out the form below to inform us of your capacity to help. Those who will be in direct contact children will go through a phone interview screening and orientation."
How To Help
- There is a blood shortage - if you are able to donate, are not in an at-risk group, and are not ill, please check for a nearby location. You must make an appointment.
Donate Protective Equipment to Medical Facilities
- Michigan Medicine has a drop off location. Consider putting masks, sanitizer etc to use where it is needed most.
- St Joe's How You Can Help
- Mani/Isalita/Mikette Staff Fund
- Monahan's (t-shirt & 10% off for a year if you donate >$50)
- Literati needs to raise $100,000 (achieved!)
- Weber's has launched an online grocery store that also helps provide meals for Weber's staff
- Underground Sounds is raising $10,000 (5-11 seems like they made it)
- Dawn Treader used bookshop is at $20k of a $75K goal, (May 11)
- Encore Records is at at $13K of a $30K goal, (May 11)
- Crazy Wisdom Bookstore & Tea Room is at $7,716 of a $60k goal, (May 11)
- West Side Books is at $8,205 of a $75k goal (May 11)
- Amer's Deli is at $6,335 of a $28k goal (May 11)
- Arcade Barbers is at $13,500 of a $25k goal (May 11)
Per Governor Whitmer's executive order, as of March 13th only visitors who are essential for medical and daily care will be allowed in any Michigan hospitals.
- St Joseph Mercy Hospital - All visitors and outpatients are being screened for recent travel, symptoms of fever, chills, shortness of breath, and cough. All volunteer staffing has been curtailed. Onsite masses, community events, and meetings are cancelled.
- University of Michigan Hospital - Opened a 32-bed isolation unit dedicated to COVID-19 cases on March 16th. All visitors, patients, and staff are being screened for symptoms and recent travel. Some outpatient elective procedures and appointments are being rescheduled.
Still open for takeout or delivery
- Many restaurants are open for takeout and delivery -- here's a megathread on r/annarbor
- Argus Farm Stop is offering online ordering and home delivery, and taking on extra produce after the Farmer's Market announced it would close for 4 weeks.
- Literati Bookstore is closed indefinitely BUT continue to fulfill web orders with $1 shipping. https://www.literatibookstore.com/
- Free yarn delivery from Spun and other yarn shops: "While our doors are still open, we understand that you might not be venturing out these days. If you need yarn, needles, or anything else we sell, give us a call at 734-780-7867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll bring it to you. Not in the Ann Arbor area? If you're closer to Milan, call Jen and Kim at Plum Tree Yarns (734-999-7859), and they'll work something out with you. For folks in the Chelsea area, give Sandra and Larry at Artisan Knitworks a call (734-562-2682). Both shops have beautiful things and are offering to deliver locally." https://www.spunannarbor.com/
Blom Meadworks has online ordering and curbside pickupclosed for now, but still available in stores!
Closings and cancellations
Major and civic
- All bars and restaurants, gyms, cafes, theaters 3 p.m. Monday, March 16 2020
- U-M campus will remain open--students in dorms will not be kicked out and dining halls will continue operations. Classes will resume March 16th virtually until the end of the semester (April 21st). Commencement and all other Many more announcements
- The Ann Arbor District Library is closing indefinitely at 6pm Friday March 13. Holds and due dates will be paused. Details
- AAPS with an anticipated return date of April 6th
Ann Arbor YMCA to close at noon on Friday, March 13 ("on Monday March 9 from 6-7 pm an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19 accessed the men’s locker room and pool area. This is considered a low risk exposure by the Washtenaw County Health
- No gatherings
- The Ann Arbor Air Ride (operated by Indian Trails) between East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Brighton, and DTW, March 16 - April 16
- The Farmer's Market is shut
- On hiatus: Blank Slate until April 13, egift cards were online (were offering online ordering, and they'd bring ice cream to your car); Jefferson Market until April 13 as well
- They're all canceled!
- Ann Arbor Film Festival makes incredibly hard decision to suspend the festival, is streaming online this year. link
Cumulative officially identified via Washtenaw County
65 (data is current as of 10am the next day,
aka 10am 3/18)
|3/18/20||336 (or 334, website disagrees)||14|
The various health websites are posting conflicting numbers, revising previous totals, and deleting historical numbers as new results come in, so it is hard to keep an accurate count here.