The Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club (AAMRC) is located in the former Michigan Central depot in the Village of Dexter, Michigan. The depot is owned by the Huron Valley Railroad Historical Society (HVRRHS), a non-profit organization established in 1980 to purchase, restore and maintain the building. The AAMRC and the HVRRHS share the building and use it to preserve railroad history and promote the hobby of model railroading. The depot was designated a historical structure by the Michigan State Historical Society as were the former track pans at Kinnear just one mile east of the depot. A dedication ceremony was held August 8, 1987, at which time a State Historical Marker was erected during a public gathering, that included hundreds of people who arrived by Amtrak on a special passenger train from Detroit and Ann Arbor.
The club holds an annual train show and sale in February. The 40th annual show is February 21, 2010, at Saline Middle School.
3487 Broad Street, Dexter, Michigan 48130 Phone: (734) 426-5100 Wednesday Evenings Answering Machine/Fax: (734) 426-0829
- Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club stories on AnnArbor.com
- Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Ann Arbor Model Railroad Club stories in the Google News archives