Built in 1903 to replace a 1863 building. The Chelsea House is 11,000 square feet.
Save the Livery Coalition
Proponents of an adaptive reuse of the site instead of demolition.
The Longworth buildings in downtown Chelsea were given another reprieve from the wrecking ball when the Chelsea Downtown Development Authority unanimously approved a series of resolutions Thursday, which include one to sell the buildings on Jackson Street for $1.
- AnnArbor.com Razing historic building faces sharp opposition from Chelsea residents 1 October 2009.
- Community Observer Then and Now Winter 2009
- Concentrate Chelsea residents continue rally to Save the Livery 10/21/2009
- Concentrate Local residents rally to "Save the Livery" in Chelsea 9/30/2009
- Chelsea Standard Is Chelsea Livery fit for re-use? 9/23/2009