[ Cupid Bar] -- download vcard

Student bar preceeding The Flame

Hours: Closed
Address: 115 W. Washington Street
Handicap access:
Owner: John Bahas

The Cupid Bar is listed in the 1944 and 1947 Ann Arbor Polk Directory. The Flame Bar opened at this site on April 30, 1949. One patron recalls that the nickname for this place was Custer's, after a large painting of Custer's Last Stand behind the bar.

Matchbook cover from the collection of Wystan Stevens.