Ann Arbor’s Annual Street Festival of Huge Puppets & Random Acts of April Foolishness. An annual event that takes place on the first Sunday of April. Mark Tucker is event organizer, with a cast of hundreds doing puppet building.
8th year of Festifools on Sunday, April 6, 2014 on Main Street from 4 to 5 p.m..
Preview: Ann Arbor News story, Photo gallery: FestiFools preparations begin as U-M students, volunteers work on giant puppets
Puppets and panackes: video
Sunday, April 11, 2010.
 short spectator video of FestiFools 2010
- Detroit News (photos)
- Michigan Daily front page
- AnnArbor.com video
- University Record
- Concentrate Media: Mark Tucker on visual literacy
- 826 Michigan robot takeover
Sunday, April 5, 3 to 6 p.m. (FestiFools): South Main Street closed between William and Washington streets; Liberty Street between South Ashley and South Fourth Avenue.
2009 News coverage
- Ann Arbor Chronicle w/clock photo
- Ann Arbor District Library announcement and call for volunteers
FestiFools 2008 happened April 6, at 4pm, and will span Main Street from Washington to William.
The 1st FestiFools was held on April 1st, 2007.
See the FestiFools website for more info, photos, and media.
In the news
- A FestiFools follow-up,Ann Arbor News,Amanda Hammon,February 16, 2008
Instead of marching bands and fire trucks, FestiFools is a "more like a big street party with giant puppets," said Mark Tucker, director of the Street Theater Art Project, which is putting on the second parade.
Flickr FestiFools Group Pool Slideshow
Relish (Myra Klarman) on FestiFools 2007
Relish (Myra Klarman) on FestiFools 2008
- FestiFools stories on AnnArbor.com
- FestiFools stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- FestiFools stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- FestiFools stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- FestiFools stories in the Google News archives