The Ford Nuclear Reactor was a facility at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor dedicated to investigating the peaceful uses of nuclear power. It was a part of the Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project, a living memorial created to honor the casualties of World War II. The reactor operated from September 1957 until July 3, 2003. During its operation, the FNR was used to study medicine, cellular biology, chemistry, physics, mineralogy, archeology, anthropology, and nuclear science.
- 1999 50th anniversary symposium news release
- Jan. 2008 report to the Regents detailing budget overruns in the decommissioning of the reactor
- United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission status of reactor decommissioning
- Wikipedia: Ford Nuclear Reactor
- Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project records, 1947-2003; finder's aid, Bentley Historical Library.