Boys will be boys.
- Zeta Beta Tau, 2005. ZBT punished for hazing, Michigan Daily. "While specific details of the violations remain confidential, the hazing involved humiliation and excessive eating, drinking and exercise, Dean of Students Sue Eklund said."
- “Garret's law", Act 111 of 2004. MCL 750.411t "Hazing prohibited; violation; penalty; exceptions; certain defenses barred"
- University of Michigan lacrosse team, 2003-2004. "A player with a shaved head and writing on his body appears to be throwing up into a cooking pan." Hazing photos of men's lacrosse team posted on website, Michigan Daily (2006).
- Sigma Chi, 2003. Kinesiology junior Evan Loomis suffers kidney failure after hazing. Sigma Chi vacates residence in light of hazing incident, Michigan Daily.
- Eastern Michigan University hockey team, 2003. Eastern Michigan Hockey Club Suspended For Hazing; Players Apparently Forced To Wear Dresses. "One also had a sexual slur written in black marker on the back of his legs, according to the paper."
- University of Michigan hockey team, 1980. Freshman hockey player hazed. Michigan Daily letters page, Oct 17, 1980.
- Eliminated, 1922. Hazing has been eliminated at the University of Michigan. Owosso Argus-Press, April 19, 1922.
- Freshman Oak, 1907. Only known photo of the Freshman Oak. "The competition between freshmen and sophomores was played out every October with a night of hazing between the two classes."