The Heinrich Building at 111 S. Fourth Avenue in Ann Arbor was built in 1870 by John D. Heinrich. He operated a saloon there until 1887, just before his death in 1890. The building, directly across the street from the "dry" Cook House, was the site of other saloons until Prohibition.
111 Fourth, City of Ann Arbor Assessor
Empty Stores In The City, Ann Arbor Argus, February 24, 1888. "There are to-day idle the following stores. One of Mr. Fantle's on S. Main st., one of Mr. Kitson's, on N. Mam st., the store of Mr. J. D. Heinrich on fourth st. has been idle since the day he quit keeping a saloon a year ago, one of the St. James block stores is.only used when an auctioneer has a bankrupt stock to unload or when the constable sells the effects of some unfortunate for Shylock's pound of flesh."