Juneberries (also known as serviceberries or Amalanchier) are found in several downtown Ann Arbor locations. The berries are sweet, and taste like almondy blueberries; get them before they shrivel up or before the birds get them.
- By the old YMCA parking lot on William Street
- near where the Ann Arbor Observer used to be on Detroit Street by the Farmers Market
- by the Bank of Ann Arbor downtown branch on Fifth Avenue
- next to the Undergraduate Library
- next to the Duderstadt Center on North Campus; probably a lot of other places on N Campus too
- by the Brown Block parking lot on Washington Street
A complete list of street tree locations is available, derived from the Ann Arbor street tree inventory.
Also known as shadbush, shadwood, sarvisberry, serviceberry depending on the region. More names and some of the botany behind the Juneberry which include about 20 species.