There have been plans to straighten M-52 within Manchester.
South of Manchester, the highway is graded for an expressway that was never built.
From the north, within Chelsea:
- Lanewood neighborhood - Hickory, Chestnut, and Sycamore Streets.
- Veteran's Park - sometimes called "the boat park" for a distinctive play structure
- The Clock Tower on the east side
- Chelsea Milling Company on the west
- The railroad tracks
- Chelsea Depot
- Merkels - furniture and flooring
- McKune House / Chelsea District Library
- Chelsea Post Office
- Palmer Ford dealership
- Federal Screw Works - recently closed.
- Will Johnson is the entrance to the Chelsea Community Hospital
- go west to reach South Elementary School
the other end of the hospital's loop road.
a newish residential subdivision.
- access to Chelsea Lumber Company
- access to fairgrounds
M-52 leaves Chelsea at the freeway, entering Sylvan Township.