Mack School refers to the school building on Miller Road where Seventh Street ends that currently houses the Ann Arbor Open School.
It currently houses the Ann Arbor Open School.
- 1969 June 12: The Ann Arbor Board of Education names Pattengill Elementary School principal Leroy Cappaert the new principal of Mack. (From Ann Arbor News archives.)
- 1923: The current Mack School is first opened with the total cost for site and construction of $262,775. Despite some opposition from some in the community who wanted to name the school after an "American hero", it was named after Christian Mack, a German immigrant. Over 1,000 people signed a petition supporting naming the the school after Mr. Mack. A local businessman, Mr. Mack had served on the Ann Arbor School Board and was one of the founders of Zion Lutheran Church. The School's first principal was Miss Emma C. Weitbrecht.
- An earlier Mack School was on the south side of Miller Avenue, where now stands an entrance to West Park. Photo, collection of Wystan Stevens