The PFC is at 216 N. Fourth Avenue near The Farmer's Market.
Web site: http://www.peoplesfood.coop
Hours; 7am to 9pm, Sundays open at 8am.
It's right next door to and connected to the PFC Cafe, which has a hot food/salad bar and fair trade cafe. The menu changes daily, see the calendar.
The co-op is open to all, but you can purchase a share in the corporation for $160. The share is refundable if you choose to stop being a member; members receive extra discounts on certain items, and the co-op's profit may be returned to members in profitable years when the Co-op has no major capital expenses. (The Board may choose to withhold some portion of the rebate to invest in the store, for return at a later date.)
PFC carries a wide variety of natural foods in a compact space. Here are some things you will find there:
- Mostly organic, some conventional
- Locally-grown produce when in season
- Fresh-made food with natural ingredients on the Hot Bar
- Entrees, sides & desserts in the Grab-n-Go cooler
- Panini, bagels, muffins & desserts in the Cafe
- Calder Dairy milk in glass containers
- Panda brand savory baked tofu from Michigan Soy Products in Royal Oak
- Rosewood Farms soy products, made in Ann Arbor.
- Bulk spices from Frontier
- People's Food Coop on foursquare