Ron English was the head football coach of the Eastern Michigan University Eagles from 2009 to 2013. He went 11-46 at Eastern during this time.
In the news
- Eastern Michigan fired football coach Ron English for 'inappropriate language', Detroit Free Press, November 9, 2013
Explained Heather Lyke, the school’s athletic director: “I received a tape of a situation in which Coach English had addressed the team and used wholly inappropriate language. We hold our coaches and staff to high standards of professionalism and conduct and there is no place, particularly in a student environment, where this language is appropriate."
- Changing the culture: New Eastern Michigan coach Ron English is trying to reverse decades of losing in Ypsilanti, AnnArbor.com, August 2009
In the first meeting, he spoke often about paying more attention to details, something English - and most coaches - consider differences between winning and losing. The broadness of Eastern Michigan’s failures, though, makes it more difficult even if English doesn’t believe in the actualities of losing cultures. It’s also why there should be little surprise Eastern Michigan was picked to finish sixth in the Mid-American Conference Western Division with 34 points, 120 points behind the preseason pick to win the West, Central Michigan.
- Ron English stories on AnnArbor.com
- Ron English stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Ron English stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Ron English stories in the Google News archives