Ever since the local railroad stopped running in 1961, our railroad depot built in 1870 and now owned by the City, was being used for various activities. Research told us that originally the railroad complex included two barns for storage. Our preservation instincts told us to re-create the landscape at the historic depot site by moving the livery barn. After public hearings and cooperation with the Saline Historic District Commission, we were allowed to re-establish the livery barn on the depot site. In the spring of 1990, the restored barn was formally presented to the City of Saline.
- Saline Area Historical Society stories on AnnArbor.com
- Saline Area Historical Society stories on Ann Arbor Chronicle
- Saline Area Historical Society stories on Ann Arbor Observer
- Saline Area Historical Society stories in Heritage Media newspapers
- Saline Area Historical Society stories in the Google News archives