Sic Transit Cycles is a bicycle shop at 1033 Broadway, the corner of Broadway and Moore, where that auto detailing place used to be. Next to the barbershop and around the corner from Northside Grill, and the Broadway Party Store.
Originally started as a hobby business, the shop is in its fourth year in 2013 and has moved beyond only selling used bikes. Full service repair, new bicycles and accessories are also available.
From a craigslist ad: Various 1970s and 80s vintage steel road bicycles. Completely reconditioned with a variety of new parts. Completely disassembled, parts washed in an ultrasonic cleaner; new tubes and tires, new chain, cables, housing and bar wrap. Bottom brackets repacked, wheels trued, brakes and shifting system tuned
- 1983 Peugeot PFN10 — Beautiful 50cm, Bernard Hinault Turbo Saddle, Stronglight cranks and Mavic wheels $425
- 1982 Schwinn Letour ladies frame — Never ridden, new grip tape, fantastic paint. Mint condition and ready to ride. 55cm $255
- Late 70's Golden Sport —Completely redone, new saddle, tires, wrap, chain, straps, etc. $285
- 80s Miyata Mixte frame — Great condition after a complete overhaul. New parts. $250
- 1986 Trek 400 Fixed Gear — repainted Gunmetal grey, new fixed wheel set, soma cog, titanium flite, soma track bars $545
- Panasonic DX2000 — Made in Japan; white and red 56cm road bike. Completely reconditioned, new chain, wrap, cables etc. $360
More info with photo
Two young entrepreneurs are breaking into the bike business here in Ann Arbor. Michael Firn and Joe Bollinger have immersed themselves in the world of used and vintage bikes, doing repairs and making acquisitions out of a commercial garage in the Lowertown area that was a car detailing business not long ago. This is a part-time venture for them so far. They both work other jobs to survive, Joe at Detroit Edison and Michael at Pacific Rim. But they're also open seven days a week, 11am to 4pm. These are busy guys on a mission.
The Guys from Sic Transit Cycles. Check out their new shop at (1033) Broadway, Ann Arbor MI. Specializing in repair and slaes of used and reconditioned vintage bicycles. They will gladly upgrade your old school bike inot a hot fixed gear or updated multi gear bike. For those of you who remember the bike boom days of the 1970's these guys have your number.