Die cutting and manufacturing company in Saline, built around the Saline Creamery. All of the buildings on site have been demolished, with the Banks of Saline project proposed (and stalled) to put condos there.
At one point it was a division of Hoover Ball Bearing, with which it merged in 1955.
The plant was served by the Saline branch of the Ann Arbor Railroad, and zinc was shipped there by rail.
- Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57669468@N00/2205440415
- Rail information: http://www.trainweb.org/annarbor/Maps/MilePosts/SALINE.htm
- Hoover history: http://www.hooverprecision.com/html/hoover_precision_products_-_ti.html
- UAW Region 1C archives include 1956 correspondence: http://www.reuther.wayne.edu/collections/hefa_1266-uaw.htm
- Brownfield grant application: http://www.ewashtenaw.org/government/boc/agenda/wm/year_2008/2008-01-23wm/2008-01-23wm11b