William W. Cook (1858 - 1930) was a University of Michigan Law School donor and benefactor. He was an 1882 Law School graduate and provided funding for the Martha Cook Building, John Cook Building, Lawyers Club and the Legal Research Building.
- William W. Cook: Law School Benefactor, Margaret Leary, University of Michigan Law Library
- William W. Cook
William W. Cook gave virtually his entire fortune -- some $260 million by today's dollars -- to the Michigan Law School. This website outlines Cook's life and his accomplishments as lawyer and author. Cook's gift ensured Michigan Law's top ranking. He expressed the reason for his gift in his will of August, 1929...