311 is a way for Baltimoreans to report non-emergency issues, like potholes, broken streetlights, or uncollected trash.

You can even use it to vent about your neighbor's noisy dogs or the fact that you can't find Old Bay seasoning at your local grocery store.

Reporting online or through a mobile app is also an option! The 311 online portal and mobile app allow residents to quickly and easily report issues like potholes, broken streetlights, or trash collection problems. The online system also provides updates on the status of the reported issues and allows residents to track their requests. This convenient option means you can report an issue without waiting on hold, and you can do it from anywhere with an internet connection. 

On October 2, 1996, Baltimore became the first city in the United States to deploy a non-emergency telephone number known as 3-1-1 as a city that tries to care about its residents and their needs. 

The 311 operators are some of the most patient people in the city. They deal with a lot of interesting requests, from animals in parks and trees, to housing inspection—structural deficiencies, to illegal dumping. If you've ever had to wait on hold with 311 for longer than five minutes, you know what we're talking about. But hey, at least you're not stuck in traffic on the Beltway, right?

Baltimore's residents have used the 311 service to report all kinds of issues related to housing, buildings, and structures. Whether it's a construction without building permit, or a housing inspection for rodents or structural deficiencies, 311 has got you covered. And if you're tired of seeing unkept lawns and trash piled up in your neighborhood, you can report it to 311 for assistance.

The 311 service is also perfect for reporting issues related to signs, signals, and parking. You can use it to report a parking complaint, or even to ask for assistance when you have no water. And let's not forget about the city street tree inspection! When you need help with footway/sidewalk repair, or you're tired of dealing with dirty alleys and streets, you can always call 311 to get things cleaned up.

And if you're worried about the safety of your city during inclement weather, 311 is there to help. Whether you need to report snow or icy conditions on city streets or you need to clean up a public (corner) trash can issue, 311 has got you covered.

Next time you have a non-emergency issue, don't hesitate to contact 311. 

Example Services:

  • Animals, Parks & Trees
  • Housing, Buildings & Structures
  • Signs, Signals & Parking
  • Streets & Streetlights
  • Trash & Unsightliness
  • Water, Sewer & Storm
  • Miscellaneous Request
  • City Street Tree Inspection
  • Construction without Building Permit
  • Illegal Dumping
  • Housing Inspection – Structural Deficiencies
  • Housing Inspection – Rodents
  • Housing Inspection – Trash and/or Weeds
  • Housing Inspection – Vacant Residential Property
  • Bulk Trash Pick Up-Saturday (No Appliances)
  • Dirty Alley Cleaning
  • Dirty Street Cleaning
  • Public (Corner) Trash Can Issue
  • Footway/Sidewalk Repair
  • Potholes (lol)
  • Snow or Icy Conditions on City Streets
  • Parking Complaint
  • No Water