Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Baton Rouge is the capital and 2nd largest city of Louisiana with a 2006 city population of 229,661 and a metro population of 770,037. The city sits on the Mississippi River and is a major industrial and port city of the south. The city is home to the main campus of the Louisiana State University System, Louisiana State University System Agricultural and Mechanical College, generally known as Louisiana State University or LSU.
Baton Rouge In the News
- Business Week declares Baton Rouge as one of "The Best Cities for Riding Out a Recession" 1
- Baton Rouge one of 10 fastest growing Real Estate Markets 2
Notes and References
- City of Baton Rouge Website
- Baton Rouge Chamber of Commerce
- Better Business Bureau
- Downtown Development District
- Fun Facts about Baton Rouge
- Clarence's Baton Rouge Info and Cajun & Zydeco Music Guide - non-commercial, very robust site full of links to Baton Rouge info and web resources.
- Baton Rouge City Guide and Internet Rest Area - semi-commercial site with lots of info and resources.
- Baton Rouge on City-Data.com
- Port of Greater Baton Rouge
- 2TheAdvocate.com - news and info from WBRZ News 2 and The Advocate
- CBS 9 WAFB
- CraigsLisg.org - Baton Rouge
- Fox 44 WGMB
- LA Public Broadcasting
- Directory/Guide Sites