Local media in baton rouge
- 225 Magazine, named after the local telephone area code, is the local weekly.
- The Advocate is the local paper
- Country Roads is a regional magazine featuring cultural events, art, cuisine and getaways in South Louisiana and Mississippi. It's available for free at various newsstands, such as at Perks coffee. The magazine has a very good calendar of events.
- DIG Baton Rouge
- The Daily Reveille is the student newspaper of LSU.
- The Greater Baton Rouge Business Report
- Red Shtick Magazine - Satire and comedy about local Louisiana news, personalities and events. Available for free at various newsstands and stores.
- KLSU is the excellent student radio station of LSU, playing mostly music from independent labels on 91.1 FM.
- KBRH and WBRH - Student operated by Baton Rouge Magnet High School. KBRH (1260 AM) plays classic blues and rhythm hits; WBRH (90.3 FM) plays classic and smooth jazz.
- WHYR - Not-for-profit community radio station for the greater Baton Rouge area. Station dial is 96.9 FM.
- CBS 9 WAFB
- Fox 44 WGMB
- LA Public Broadcasting
- NBC 33 WVLA
- ABC 2 WBRZ - WBRZ's "continuous news" web site, bringing news stories in real time.