Ford Road is the major road through Canton. The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) District generally includes properties along both the north and south sides of Ford Road between the eastern boundary of the Township (just east of I-275) and just west of Canton Center Road.
In Fall 2009, lamp post banners were added along Ford Road highlighting the seven blocks from Canton Center Road to Lotz Road. Each block has a different color and number, which the DDA hopes will help shoppers to locate businesses. The blocks are labeled:
- Yellow Block #1: West of Canton Center Road
- Purple Block #2: Canton Center Road to Sheldon Road
- Green Block #3: Sheldon Road to Morton Taylor Road
- Red Block #4: Morton Taylor Road to Lilley Road
- Blue Block #5: Lilley Road to Haggerty Road
- Brown Block #6: Haggerty Road to Lotz Road
Businesses in the DDA are encouraged to use the colors and block numbers to guide customers to their locations.