Members of the community who support the library's goals and services. They advocate for the library and raise community awareness. The Friends also run the SecondHand Prose used book shop located inside the Canton Public Library. Funds raised through memberships and the book store are used to support library activities, acquisitions, and other items not provided for in the library's operating budget.
Friends board meetings are typically held the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30 pm in the Conference Room of the Library.
- Student/Senior $10
- Individual $15
- Family $25
- Business/Organization $50
- Best Friend $100
- Patty Jenkins, President
- Claire O'Connor, Vice-President
- Larry Hoelscher, Treasurer
- Debbe Yeager, Secretary
- Linda Garrett, Membership
- Rhoda Wolshon, Communications
- Diane Sands, Public Relations
- Shirley Reynolds, Trustee
- Nancy Spencer, Trustee
- Bob Bulmer, Trustee
- Book Store - for information, contact Lynda Baker or Kathy Young
- Book Sorting - for information, contact Larry Richardson or Judy Richardson
- Book Discussion
The Friends of the Canton Public Library need volunteers to staff the SecondHand Prose used book store and to help with fundraising and special events. More information and application form.