What do you know about Contacting the City?

Chico PD Dispatch:  (530) 897-4911

  • If you have questions about trespassing on your property please call (530) 897-4942
  • To learn more about the Citizens Academy, or to be placed on a waiting list for the next class call (530) 897-4942

Chico Fire Department at (530) 897-3400

  • to make sure the person's special needs are in the 9-1-1 dispatch system.
  • to schedule a fire inspection

Butte Regional Household Hazardous Waste at (866) 429-2288

  • to hear operating days and times for the disposal site for hazardous wastes

Public Works

Engineering:  (530) 879-6900

Operations and Matainence: (530) 894-4200


  • Call if you observe overflowing manholes, sewer line or storm drain back-ups/obstructions, or missing mahole covers or storm drain grates.
  • To Report A City Streetlight Out.
  • Please call us immediately if you see a traffic signal out or not operating properly.
  • if you see a stop sign missing, damaged or bent stop signs, or if trees or other items are obstructing the view of the stop sign.
  • To request grading, pothole repairs, or other right-of-way work

Parks Division:  (530) 896-7800


  • If you see broken trees, damaged plants, or malfunctioning irrigation systems in medians or other public landscapes, please contact the General Services Department Office/Stree trees division
  • If a citizen wants to have work done on a City street tree, the City can issue a permit for pruning, planting, or removal.
  • If you would like to reserve an area at the park.
  • Bidwell Park Trail/Road/ Disc Golf Closure Hotline:  (530) 896-7899

Housing Division

Department:   (530) 879-6300

Code Enforcement:  (530) 879-6330


  • To report a complaint/municipal code violations
  • For clarification on substandard housing
  • Weed abatement vacant properties that contain weeds

Other Contacts

  • Legal Services of Northern California at (530) 345-9491.
  • Community Legal Information Center at (530) 898-4354
  • Graffiti Hotline: (530) 898-2003