There are tons of resources in Chico to make parenting a better experience.
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help LocalWiki Chico by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|
- Also see Pregnancy.
There many licensed Child Care services available in Chico, including state-funded, religious, private, group, and individual. Do careful comparison shopping.
- Better Babies Prenatal Center - 578 Rio Lindo Ave., Suite 1 - 894-5585
- Chico Community Children’s Center - State-funded program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and after-schoolers. - 2224 Elm Street 891-5363 - 1270 Eaton Road 343-9349
- Chico Nursery School - A parent participation co-op, open 5 days per week for 3–5-year-olds. 1190 E. 1st Ave. 891-1723
- Child Development Lab CSUC Modoc Hall 131. A laboratory preschool program. There is a waiting list. 898-5362
- Headstart Chico Provides a comprehensive free program for preschoolers. 775 E. 16th St. 891-8668
- Parent Education Network Provides support and education in parenting skills and child abuse prevention services. 2070 Talbert Dr. 893-0391
- Valley Oak Children’s Services - Child care referral service 287 Rio Lindo Ave. 895-3572
- KidsPark - Skypark Plaza
Classes and Activities
- Also see CARD.
Child Focused and Child Friendly Businesses
- The Creative Apple — a variety of educational materials and toys
Parenting Classes and Support Groups
Social Services and Low Income Resources
- See Social Services.