http://calpsc.org/http://calpsc.org/ Recycling: reusing the material from one object to make a new one. Such as melting down an aluminum can and producing a new one. An important and aspect of recycling is the concept of Product Stewardship, or Extended Producer Responsibility. This concept places end-of-life responsibility of a product on the manufacturer of that product. By doing this, the manufacturer is motivated to design their product in a way that is more conducive to reuse or recycling. Too often, products are sold, profits are made and the cost to handle that products disposal falls onto local governments (taxpayers).
Recycling contributes to the sustainability of a community.
- City of Chico Compost Facility
- Associated Students Recycling Program
- 20/20 Recycling Centers
- Chico Scrap Metals
- Chico Transfer and Recycling
- Butte County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility
- Fair Street Recycling
- Neal Road Recycling & Waste Facility
- NorCal Waste Curbside Recycling
- North Valley Disposal and Recycling
- Westside Recycling and Wood Products
- Earthworm Soil Factory
- Chico Drain Oil Service
- Chico Pallet Recycling
Recycling and Disposal of Electronics
Electronics are some of the most toxic of discarded items. Please dispose of your electronics properly.
- Butte Regional Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Computers for Classrooms
- Neal Road Landfill
- RadioShack — customers can drop off rechargeable
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help LocalWiki Chico by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|
How do you recycle?
2010-05-20 09:03:50 non-working appliance —220.127.116.11