Campus Center, first floor
Mon-Fri: 8 am to 4 pm
Summer: Mon-Thurs 7 am to 5 pm
(530) 895-2264
(530) 879-4314
Web site

The Transfer Counseling Center aids students in planning and transitioning to the University level with a variety of resources. It is here where students ensure that they take all lower division courses necessary for a smooth transfer to California State University or University of California. Experience has shown that the vast majority of students seek transfer to Chico State, UC Davis, and Humboldt State in Arcata, CA. They also host On The Spot Admissions (OTSA) for Chico State, Humboldt State, and Sac State.

Counselors specialize in specific regions of California and specific university systems. Generally a visit to plan transfer includes looking at Assist.org and using their knowledge to ensure other esoteric or general requirements are met. For example, CSU Sacramento has different requirements than CSU Chico and UC Berkeley also has different requirements than UC Davis.

The Transfer Center will do IGETC certification once all classes are graded and a sealed high school transcript is received. IGETC certification will prevent students from having to take GE courses that were accomplished at Butte College. They will also ensure that the CSU system will accept your GE.

Finally, the Transfer Center will write up Transfer Agreement Guarantees (TAGs) for various participating UCs including UC Davis. They notify students by mail whether or not the TAG is accepted by the target UC.

If you are transferring to UC Davis, see Davis Wiki's Transfer Student guide. See this Wiki's Transfer Student Guide for information specific to Chico State and general details for the UC system.

This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help LocalWiki Chico by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.