Located near the heart of campus, Daniels Hall is home to graduate students and upper-division undergraduate students. Both academic year and 12-month housing is available in Daniels, which remains open over all University breaks.
1010 West Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 333-0464
Illini Union, Main Quad, Engineering Quad, Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
259 graduate and undergraduate students (sophomore and above)
Singles and doubles, with private and semi-private (shared) bathrooms
Dining available across Green Street at Illinois Street Residence Halls (meal plans available but not required)
All rooms air-conditioned and carpeted, with in-room wireless Internet. Academic year or 12-month housing available (May-to-May contract or an August-to-August contract). Combination microwave/refrigerator in every room. Access to shared study spaces, 24-hour front desk, laundry room, 24-hour quiet hours, vending machines, computer lab. Individual-use bathrooms.
Daniels Photo Gallery
More photos: http://housing.illinois.edu/living-options/residence-halls/graduate-upper-division-halls/daniels/gallery
Floor Plans, Room Dimensions, & Furniture
Daniels Floor Plans:
- Daniels Ground Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 1st Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 2nd Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 3rd Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 4th Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 5th Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 6th Floor (pdf)
- Daniels 7th Floor (pdf)
- Daniels Hall single room with private bathroom (pdf)
- Daniels Hall single room with shared bathroom (pdf)
- Daniels Hall double room (pdf)
Some rooms have a private bathroom. There are also rooms that have semi-private bathrooms, and a few double rooms.
Room furniture in Daniels Hall is constructed of solid wood. A single room has one bed, one chest of drawers, one under-bed drawer unit, one desk, one study carrel (bookcase-type unit on top of desk), one rolling printer stand, one chair, and a micro-fridge (small microwave and refrigerator combo).
- Headboard is 39-3/4" h x 41" w; footboard is 33" h x 41" w top of mattress to floor is 20". No bunking available.
- Under-bed drawer unit is two drawers each 37-1/4" w x 23" d x 5-1/2" h inside; fronts are 8" h
- 30" w x 21" d x 42" h
- Drawer 1 inside is split in half each side 9-3/4" w x 15" d x 5-1/2" h front is 7-1/2" h
- Drawers 2 & 3 inside are 20" w x 15" d x 5-1/2" h fronts are 7-1/2" h
- Drawer 4 inside is 20" w x 15" d x 9-1/2" h front is 12" h
- 26" d x 52" w x 30-1/4" h
- Pencil drawer inside is 33-1/2" w x 15-1/4" d x 2" h; front flips down to hold keyboard.
- Knee space is 23-1/4" h
Rolling printer cart
- 22-1/2" w x 25" d x 18" h
- One drawer is 12" w x 17" d x 9-1/4" h; will accommodate hanging file folders
- Overall measurements are 43-1/4" h x 48" w x 9" d
University Housing official site: http://www.housing.illinois.edu/
University Housing Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/illinoishousing
University Housing Twitter: https://twitter.com/UnivHousing
University Housing YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/UofIHousing