Jump to Timeline Navigation
- El Rodeo ceases publication.
- Spring: Volunteers group together to renovate the Central Park Gardens.
- 6: the The Jagged Tree falls.
- Anderson Court Apartments, The Drake, and The Lexington are sold to Hallmark Properties.
- 12-14: Whole Earth Festival 2006
- 12-14: Cal Aggie Cycling Team wins the National Collegiate Road Cycling Championship
- 16: University of California Oil Forum
- May 27-June 4: Community Food Drive
- Work begins on the $1.2 million Hutchison Drive Bike Lanes upgrade.
- 6: June 2006 Primary Election - including 2006 City Council Election and Measure G
- 26: The Best Uses of Schools Advisory Task Force recommends the closure of Valley Oak Elementary School due to falling enrollment.
- 8: First Deadly Davis Dash held.
- 8 & 9: After much debate and controversy, Davis was aerially sprayed for mosquitoes. See West Nile Virus.
- 13: Davis Kids Triathlon
- 29: Fred T. Korematsu Elementary School opens for its first class.
- 7: The Conaway Preservation group and Yolo County reach a settlement on the Conaway Ranch.
- 16: Second Deadly Davis Dash held.
- 17: USE Credit Union is robbed.
- 7: November 2006 Election
- Measure H — Annexation of West Sacramento, Woodland, Davis and surrounding areas into SMUD's service area.
- Measure I — Replacement of PG&E as electric company by SMUD in West Sacramento, Woodland, Davis, and surrounding areas.
- Measure K — Target Measure
- Measure L — A non-binding, advisory measure for the City to adopt Choice Voting.
- 21: Davis sues City of Dixon over Dixon Downs.