Basketball in Davis. Looking for a place to shoot some hoops?
Courts & information
Regular pickup games:
Public basketball courts:
- Map of parks in Davis
- 1 half court - lit?
- Dairy Basketball Courts near the south end of the Dairy IM Field on UC Davis campus
- La Playa Park
- Manor Park or Slide Hill Park — pretty close to regulation height
- Oak Grove Park
- Pioneer Park
- West Manor Park
- Willowcreek Park — half court
- Stonegate Country Club — pseudo-public; must be a CC member (or rent from someone that is, or know someone that is but who doesn't use their membership). Hoops are generally way too low which leads to people dunking, exacerbating the malformed condition of the hoop
- Mace Ranch Park
Lighted outdoor courts:
- Chestnut Park
- Hacienda Park
Playfields Park - I think they stay lit until 12. I may be wrong.
- At the western end of Research Park Dr.
- 2 half courts in good shape.
- There are pick-up games in the mornings, evenings, and on weekends. Many good players, and not just undergrads--guys in their 40s and 50s as well. Fun to watch.
- Not open to the general public
Apartments with courts
- 1 full court
- Arlington Farms Apartments
- The Lexington Apartments, on the southeast edge
- Silverstone Apartments
- Tanglewood Apartments
- 1 full court. Crappy. Lots of rocks and dirt on the court.
Schools with outdoor courts
Any Davis elementary school
- Their hoops are usually misaligned but are really forgiving.
Any Davis junior high
- Emerson's hoops are all 4-6" too low. They resurfaced their courts a few years back and never raised the hoops to match.
- The new junior high has nets! Haven't measured the hoop height yet.
2008-07-13 13:12:26 are there any leagues or clubs? —atwong