|Todd Jensen, John Hancock, Jerry Lundblad, John Maxey|
The Davis Accounting Society (DAS), founded in Fall 2014, is an organization designed to help students get ahead in the business world. Accounting is the language of business. Naturally, learning the fundamentals of this language are essential for success. It may seem daunting or tedious, but accounting is much more than obscure tax documents and impenetrable spreadsheets. It's about solving problems, making important decisions, and helping others.
We will acquaint you with the essentials that can aid in both your professional and personal life – in a way you won't receive in the classroom. We are here to help students become successful in their future endeavors within the accounting and business professions.
To achieve this, we provide:
- Professional development workshops and projects
- Information about the accounting profession (CPA licensure, etc.)
- Guest speakers with years of experience in the field
- Social events to build a community that fosters personal and professional growth
As a result, members will gain:
- Invaluable leadership skills
- Insights on career options
- Connections with like-minded students and industry professionals