|610 3rd Street|
The Davis Bike Club is a cycling organization that supports and encourages cycling for riders of all calibers and interests. Membership ranges from bike commuters to racers and touring cyclists. The club also has its own race team. Rides are held regularly on weekends and weekday mornings for both fun and training, and longer multi-day tours are organized as well. In addition to weekly rides, the club sponsors the following well-respected events:
- Davis Criterium Classic - popular cycling race held annually on July 4 in downtown Davis
- Davis Double Century - nationally acclaimed 200 mile, one-day cycling event
- Foxy's Fall Century - 50 km, 100 km or 100 mile cycling event
- Gold Rush Randonnée - a 1200 km, 90 hour bike ride
- Dunlap Memorial Time Trial - fundraiser for coaching, equipment, and other expenses to support DBC junior racing
- Ultra-distance brevets (200, 300, 400, and 600) - DBC brevets can be used as qualifiers for Paris-Brest-Paris, as well as 1200 km brevets including the Gold Rush Randonnèe, Super Randonneur award, & Randonneur 5000
- Davis 12 & 24 Hour Challenge - cycle challenge to see how far riders can travel during either a 12- or 24-hour ride
- Davis Fleche Velo - 24-hour team ride held on Easter weekend along team-designed 360 km or longer course
The Davis Bike Club publishes a monthly newsletter, sponsors an annual bike swap in conjunction with Foxy's Fall Century and holds regular meetings with guest speakers, presentations and equipment demonstrations. A calendar of events and expanded descriptions as well as times are posted on the DBC website, and a mailing list is maintained to keep the membership current on upcoming events. The race team also maintains both public and moderated list servers to keep team members updated; race team members are eligible for club discounts at local cycle shops.
See Bicycling Activities and Clubs for links to other bike-related clubs and teams.
2008-10-20 11:41:40 This year during foxy's there was a really really good market set up by the high school and library. Lots of used stuff for dirt cheap, lots of campy and dura ace stuff for half off. All the people selling were very friendly, and were happy to answer questions. Definitely going again next year! yay altruism! —TheWigglyWizard
2009-05-10 22:05:42 I just wanted to give a shout out to Davis Bike club cyclists, Laurie and I believe his name was Bob. Some friends and I showed up in Winters ready for a ride and missing a front wheel. Bob was generous enough to loan me his wheel so that we didn't have to haul back to Davis to fetch mine. Anyway, please pass on a heartfelt thanks. It is nice to see such helpfulness between fellow cyclists. —CarenRoma
You must be logged in to comment on this page. Please log in.