A wide array of ethnic groceries can be bought near and in Davis, but the stores are rather spread out.
There are a large number of Chinese and Vietnamese owned restaurants/markets in south Sacramento on Stockton Blvd. between Fruitridge Rd. and Florin Rd. The area is about 20 miles away from Davis but there is also a Costco further south on Stockton Blvd. to make it worth your while. A few of these markets as well as other Asian grocers are listed below.
- 99 Ranch Market (4220 Florin Rd. Sacramento)
- Asian Food Center (1301 Broadway Sacramento, 916-448-0887) - veggies are fresher and cheaper than the bigger stores due to higher turnover I believe
- Goldstar Supermarket (5815 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento)
- Khan Hing Tong (6418 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento)
- SF Supermarket (6930 65th St. #123 Sacramento)
- Wing Wa Seafood Supermarket (6021 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento)
- Osaka-Ya (2215 10th St. Sacramento)
- Oto's Marketplace (4990 Freeport Blvd. Sacramento) - large seafood/sushi selection, also bright, clean and modern.
The local large Korean American community is centered near Rancho Cordova (Bradshaw & I-50). Several Korean-owned markets are in that area.
- Koreana Plaza Market (10971 Olson Drive, north on Zinfandel, right on Olson) - large and wonderful. supermarket +
- Smile Food Market (2948 Bradshaw Rd, north on Bradshaw) - small, crowded, funky
- Kyopo Market (9531 Folsom Blvd, north on Bradshaw, left on Folsom)
- Asian Food Mart (9345 La Riviera Dr, corner w/ Folsom Blvd, next to Jin Mi) - medium sized, well established.
Closer to South Sacramento and Elk Grove are more Filipinos and thus more Filipino stores and eateries. Off of the West Mack Blvd exit will be a bunch of Filipino stores including an international market.
- Seafood City (Mack Blvd. South Sacramento, CA)
- International Food Market
- East West Foods (Sacramento)
- Mediterranean Market (Sacramento)
- Red Sea Food Market and Halal Meat (Sacramento)
Latino and South American
- County Square Market — Large Asian supermarket in Vacaville. Wide variety of produce and groceries; greasy, sweaty take-out food offered. Large seafood department with live animals (frogs too). I only go for the produce, soft drinks and junk food. You can get all kinds of things here that you can't really find anywhere, such as fresh jackfruit, frozen durians, hello kitty/ grumpy cat affiliated drinks and many different flavors of ice cream (coconut sport, lychee, etc).