We had a complaint at the farmers market today that the wiki is heavily slanted toward the college/singles perspective and is severely lacking when it comes to family perspective. I think that's very accurate. At the moment, this is a placeholder/brainstorming session for what should inevitably become an extremely broad topic. It is definitely accurate, but the best response to complaints like that might be to encourage those people to edit the wiki and bring their perspective!
This page is intended to function as a resource for families in Davis. It will undoubtedly branch off into other pages, but I'm starting off with a little brainstorming for what all needs to show up. I hope it is something that can wind up on the Explore pane of the Front Page, although it obviously needs a lot of work.
- Family Activities
- Possibly broken down by ages
- Parks (page already exists, but we could certainly present it from a family perspective)
- Bowling etc.
- Out-of-town activities (Dave & Buster's in Roseville, Laser Tag in Vacaville, Scandia, etc.)
- Kids' sports leagues AYSO, Little League
- Rainy Day Activities
- Good Places to Take Kids
- Outdoor Activities
- Kid-friendly restaurants (as much as I like dogs, it seems really surprising that we have a list of dog-friendly places, but not kid-friendly)
- Child Care
- Schools (obviously already exists)
- Tutors etc. (already exists)
- Special Needs services