Ryan Meyerhoff was a member of the ASUCD Senate, having won his seat via a countback election to fill the vacancy created by former Controller and Senator Eli Yani. Meyerhoff ran as an independent candidate in the Winter 2011 ASUCD Election, earning The Aggie's #2 endorsement.
Meyerhoff graduated with his B.A. in Political Science in 2012, and his J.D. in 2015 from UC Davis' King Hall. He held various posts within ASUCD and the Administration.
- TA, Political Science Department, 09/2015 - 06/2015 [3 quarters]
- Program Assistant, Davis Neighborhood Court, 08/2013 - 01/2015
- LSA Secretary, 09/2012 – 04/2013 [2 semesters]
- ASUCD Senator, 06/2011 – 03/2012 [3 quarters]
- Student Representative, Academic Senate - 01/2010 - 06/2012 [8 quarters]
- Vice Chair, Student Services and Fees Administrative Advisory Committee (SSFAAC), 01/2009 - 06/2011 [8 quarters, Vice Chair for 6]
- Senior Associate Justice, ASUCD Court, 02/2009 - 09/2010 [5 quarters, Vice Chief Justice for 3, Senior Associate Justice for 2]
- Chair, ASUCD Elections Committee, 09/2010 - 01/2011
- ASUCD Webmaster, 09/2009 - 10/2011 [7 quarters]
- Alternate, ASUCD Business and Finance Commission, 01/2009 - 02/2009
During his undergraduate and law school career, Meyerhoff served as lead or assistant counsel in numerous high-profile student government court cases. As a result, presidential candidates have been disqualified, student fees were invalidated, and controversial legislation was ruled unconstitutional.
Candidate Statement from his Winter 2011 Senate race
Hello fellow students. I’m Ryan Meyerhoff – a 3rd year Political Science major. You deserve a responsible government that can be held accountable to vote how you want *your money* spent. Therefore, I hope to use my experience to bring an Independent voice to the ASUCD Senate.
*FREE PARKING:* I will work with the Transportation & Parking Administrative Advisory Committee and TAPS to get free parking on campus by 9PM instead of 10PM.
*NO PICTURES ON BALLOTS:* People should vote for qualifications, not appearances.
*NO NEW FEES*: I have spent 3 years fighting for lower fees on the Student Fee Advisory Committee to the Vice Chancellor. As a Senator, I will do my best to kill any new campus-initiated fees for our student body.
*RESPONSIBILITY*: The meat & potatoes of a Senator’s job lies in voting on bills and working on the ASUCD Budget. I promise to scrutinize the budget to ensure responsible spending, vote on bills in a level-headed manner, and work past partisan divides with the interest of the whole student body in mind.
*EXPERIENCE*: I am a veteran within your government, serving on the ASUCD Supreme Court, as Chair of the Elections Committee, and as a member of the Business and Finance Commission. I’ll use my experience to cut red tape and ensure that students like you have an efficient and effective student government.
~~~ I know how good government works – I recognize a good idea when I see one and will support the quality projects of fellow Senators, regardless of their slate. I have been serving you since freshman year, so I know how to accomplish my goals. I only ask that you allow me to continue serving the student body as your ASUCD Senator. ~~~ Vote for Experience & Leadership. Vote for Ryan Meyerhoff ~~~ Facebook me with your questions.
You must be logged in to comment on this page. Please log in.