Tennis is one of the many local sports. The city of Davis was recently ranked the number two city in the nation with the most active tennis community by Money Magazine. Grab a racket, buy some fresh balls at Volleys Tennis Shop or Big 5 Sporting Goods, and head to one of Davis' many tennis courts. The Davis Tennis Club offers some training. If you are a student or faculty member at UCD, check-out the UC Davis Tennis Club.
Public Tennis Courts
- Map of parks in Davis
- Cesar Chavez School / Redwood Park — Two courts. Free lighting.
- Chestnut Park — two courts. There are lights, but they are not as bright as the courts at community park and they automatically shut off around 9:45 p.m., without the ability to turn them back on.
- Covell Park
- Davis Senior High School / Community Park — 12 courts. Free lighting. One of the building's walls additionally serves as a practice wall.
- Marya Welch Tennis Center and Campus courts — Ten courts with lights, six without.
- Manor Park or Slide Hill Park
- Pioneer Park — Two courts. No lights.
- Walnut Park — Six courts. Free lighting.
- West Manor Park
Which of these are lit at night? How many courts at each park? And there're a ton of private courts....