This BBQ was held at Slide Hill Park on Thursday the 27th at 3:00PM-9:00PM. This BBQ was special as it celebrated 1 year of the Wiki. There was cake and beer and good times. (Anyone ever figure out how to make the microwave popcorn?)
People who came: (Add yourselves!)
- ArlenAbraham ate bread and cheese
- MichelleAccurso loved Jamie's cooking, and the company! 5!
- AndrewBanta shared a nice hunk of meat with Blanche
- CraigBrozinsky thought the sausages came out great!
- Davis Police Department — Or at least two cars. One with headlights on. One with headlights off. They didn't say anything. I think they may have been looking for Osama. Or maybe they heard someone was going to BBQ microwave popcorn.
- SteveDavison I greatly enjoyed meeting each of you. I wish I could have stayed later. You guys rock!
- JohnDudek Sorry the two of us, Norris and I, couldn't come back, because I had surprise obligations. By the way, I'm the one who brought the BBQ Microwave Popcorn.
- KyleFlick That was awesome guys, nice meeting all of you!
- GeoffJohnson calls it "good times"
- AndrewLeonard Had fun tonight!
- JessicaLuedtke and Leif with his awesome hat
- ChristopherMcKenzie - I deny this. Deny it completely. i have photographic PROOF! -MichelleAccurso
- PhilipNeustrom (yay!)
- BlancheNonken, JeffreyNonken, and Mariel Nonken
- AlexNorris Sorry I couldn't come back after i left. i'll plan my time better for the next one.
- JamieRaba apologizes for the exploding sausages. I neglected to poke them. Sorry guys! But hey, the Salmon turned out.
- ChrisTakemura Against his better judgement.
- AmyZimmerman talked about awkwardly proof reading an article MichaelGiardina wrote...
- TarZxf and his caramel apples/pears
- Osama thought it would be fun to show up and mingle, but the cops were after him. he didnt really fit in anyway.
2005-10-28 13:49:06 Can we organize this page according to when people showed up? Sorry I didn't make it... —JackHaskel
2005-10-28 14:07:10 <shields>Wouldn't it be better to sort by user name?</shields> —SteveDavison
2005-10-28 14:52:59 i alphabetized it, i can't remember the order of arrival for everyone, if we really wanted to we could all do it ourselves, ie "i can between these two people" —MichelleAccurso
2005-10-28 15:15:40 That was actually a joke :) —JackHaskel
2005-10-28 16:12:57 I like the unicycle pic. And I really had fun last night. Leif's hat was rocksome. —JaimeRaba
2005-10-29 16:34:08 A month is a long time. Is there any interest in having micro-gatherings, say a weekly lunch at a downtown restaurant? Pref. a different place each time -we could review it. —SteveDavison
2005-10-29 22:30:22 Jaime suggested to me that I host my show during the a wiki BBQ, which would certainly be fun, but would have to be planned out months in advance, and we would probably need a nearby internet connection to make it happen (wireless works). That is, if it is hosted on a thursday, it would be live. I do have remote recording capeabilities now, ready to go at a moment's notice, but hey, what about a live discussion amongst wikians and some wikivangelism. —KarlMogel