Zaana Hall was an unsuccessful candidate for ASUCD Senate in the Winter 2009 ASUCD Election running on the ACT slate.
Hi Everyone, My name is Zaana Hall, I'm a second year Sociology and Communications double major. I am running for senate because I am truly dedicated to representing and working with YOU the students of UC Davis, to make our experience as Aggies successful, safe, and fun. I have original ideas and will bring an innovative perspective to the Senate. Thank you so much for all of your support!!
~Experience~ a. Intern with Tax and Financial Group Marketing Department b. Intern with ASUCD vice president Molly Fluet c. Academic Affairs Commissioner d. Intern with Assemblyman Joel Anderson e. Member of Delta Delta Delta f. Research assistant in the Sociology Department
1. Connecting Students with UC Davis Alumni
- Connect alumni to undergraduates to create concrete networking opportunities and other tangible options for after graduation.
- Expand on the existing alumni-student programs, illuminating events such as, “bring an alumni to lunch day”, in order for the programs to be more inclusive and resonate for entire student body.
- Host more events with alumni in a relaxed setting, ex. Aggie Pre-Gaming party. In this environment, students will feel more relaxed and able to form stronger relationships.
2. TAPS (Transportation and Parking Services)
- Solve the parking problem for students: make more C parking by reallocating A spots, especially in the large structures by the MU and TAPS.
3. Freshman Mentorship Program
- Create a better campus environment by enacting program to show freshman how their transition from high school can be successful and stress free.
- Mentors will assist each freshman, helping them to get a handle on the quarter system, classes, and campus life.
- This program will enable freshman to have a successful first year, and carry this success into their future years as Aggies.
- Work with the university to allow internship credit or transcript notation to students who choose to mentor.
Accomplishing our goals will take hard work. I am focused and willing to invest all that I can to ensure that I accomplish them. I will also work to resolve any other issues that are brought to my attention. I have already begun to meet with the Student Alumni Association, and we are already working together to make sure that our goals can be completed in a timely manner!
As Aggies we are all inter-dependent and have the ability to shape our campus to fit our needs if we work together. So remember to vote Zaana Hall #1 for ASUCD Senate and vote ACT 2-3 on February 18th -19th.
I want to hear what you have to say. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your support again!!
|Winter 2009 ASUCD Elections|
|M. Momo Newbon|
|Lula Ahmed-Falol / Rebecca Schwartz|
|Joe Chatham / Chris Dietrich|
|ERA, TGIF, ICU Act|
You must be logged in to comment on this page. Please log in.