|Odd Fellows Hall|
|Wednesdays at 11:45 am|
|Lea Rosenberg at (530) 756-0697|
|May 1, 1954|
|Approx. 50 members|
Soroptimist International of Davis is an active group of business and professional women who donate their time and resources to improving our community through service to others. We are involved in hands-on projects throughout the community, year-round.
As a club, our major interests are:
- Education of women and girls, particularly career development and support
- Women's shelters and crisis nurseries
- Emancipated and former foster youths
- Sex trafficking and human trafficking
- A whole lot more!
SI Davis supports local nonprofits through fundraisers and events. It operates the beer and wine booth on Wednesday evenings at the Davis Farmers Market. It features beer from Sudwerk Brewing Co., and wine from Putah Creek, Berryessa Gap, Heringer Estates and Sundstrom Hill wineries.
Proceeds from this booth help the organization fund its sizable grant awards program, distributed annually to worthy community organizations. Past grant recipients include:
- Davis Community Meals
- Empower Yolo
- Yolo Crisis Nursery
- Grace in Action
- Suicide Prevention
- Yolo Library
- Yolo Children's Fund - HELP Program
- Meals on Wheels
- Yolo Family Service
- Yolo Family Resource
- Many others
- Beer and wine booth at the Davis Farmers Market (Wednesday evenings, March through October)
- Career development workshops for female students at King High
- Financial and in-kind support for Pacifico Student Cooperative Housing
- Financial and in-kind support for Yolo Crisis Nursery
- To attend a free luncheon as a guest of SI Davis, contact Lea Rosenberg at email@example.com or 530-756-0697.
Soroptimist International of Davis is one of two Soroptimist clubs in town; the other is Soroptimist International of Greater Davis. The latter club formed as a response to those who couldn't meet during lunchtimes; they meet in the evenings.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, Soroptimist International (Soroptimist.org) improves the lives of women and girls through the work of volunteers in 1,300 clubs across 19 countries and territories. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Soroptimist relies on charitable donations to support its many programs. Soroptimist International is the world's largest women's service organization, committed to improving the lives of women and children throughout the world. We are a global voice for women.