123 N Elm

Year Built 1882

Historic Landmark Application





THE SCRIPTURE BUILDING - . R.C. Scripture built this structure in 1882 as a general store. It has also served as a grocery store, an ice cream shop and an auto parts store. The second floor has housed the Grand Orient Lodge, a domino parlor and the Carpenter's Union. While their church was being built, the Episcopalians met here from 1917 to 1920. Completely restored after a fire in 1976, the building now houses loft apartments, has been the site of law offices, and is currently set to house Dix Coney Island on the first floor..

Images of interior before the 2015 updates for Dix Coney Island