|Address||801 West Oak Street|
|Style||Four Square Prairie|
History of the Home: Built in 1895 by James Frank and Ada Margaret Raley. J.F. Raley was a Denton County pioneer and businessman who owned a building and drugstore on the south side of the square and later was director of Denton County National Bank. J.F. Raley purchased the property at 801 W. Oak for $1500 cash and a $750 note. Ada Raleyu was an avid gardener and many of the backyard features were originally installed by her. On Valentine’s day 1955, the house was purchased from the Raley estate by Ed and Mary Jane Lane, owners of Lane’s Ice Cream on Congress Street. The Lanes lived in this home for almost 50 years.