|1150 Business Park Drive #107121.81603, Dixon California 95620 USA|
|8 AM to 5 PM|
|Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.|
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) Research, Development & Demonstration Center in Dixon, California develops and markets transmissions and other parts for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV, REEV, EREV), HEVs, and electric vehicles (EV). They provide continuously variable transmissions (CVT), drive train controllers, prototype drive trains, battery modules and vehicle control software for vehicles such as cars, trucks and buses. EDI markets its products to vehicle manufacturers, industry suppliers, and companies that are developing electric vehicle systems and components throughout the world.
EDI Research, Development & Demonstration Center, Dixon, California
Simplifying HEV & PHEV Powertrains to Lower Cost and Increase Reliability
by Dr. Andrew Alfonso Frank, Chief Technology Officer, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
Presented at: Plug-In 2013 Conference, San Diego, CA, USA, Oct. 2, 2013
See abstract at: Andrew A. Frank – Institute of Transportation Studies – UC Davis
PHEV Truck Prototype
EDI "has completed the development and initial functional testing of the world's first Parallel-Series-Electric powertrain system ... The new EDI drivetrain, which incorporates components from GM, A123, and UQM, was integrated into a light-duty GM pickup truck to create the demonstrator vehicle. ... EDI has created a new, second-generation PHEV concept. It has higher overall efficiency than its predecessors, featuring a larger battery pack and a motor system that incorporates fewer parts and smaller, more efficient gasoline/bio-fuel engines. To further increase efficiency, an EDI Turbo-generator system can make it the most efficient powertrain in the world, for a given power. 'We've taken a lot of complexity out of the PHEV side of the equation,' said Professor Andy Frank, Co-founder and CTO of EDI. 'And because it has an Inline form factor it is highly adaptable to existing front engine, rear wheel drive vehicles, thus reducing the need for significant existing vehicle design changes.'" (New Plug-In Electric Vehicle Drivetrain Launched by EDI - Marketwire 19nov2012)
- Over 70 utilities announce major EV deal at White House - green.autoblog 21nov2014 "More than 70 electric utilities will invest a quarter-billion dollars during the next five years to add more electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids to the utilities' fleets. Most notably, PG&E announced the utility industry's first plug-in hybrid Class 5 bucket truck." "The truck, developed by PG&E in partnership with Efficient Drivetrains Incorporated (EDI), features up to 40 miles all-electric range and 'electrifies' all onboard equipment including the boom, eliminating the need to idle the truck engines while at job sites."
- Efficient Drivetrains Inc Utility Trucks Capable of Shortening or Eliminating Electric Outages | PG&E Currents 17sept2014
- EDI partners with Greenkraft for parallel-series multi-mode Class-4 CNG-PHEV truck - Green Car Congress 30june2014
- EDI enhanced series parallel phev prototype truck currently on test at a California electric company 27jan2014
- Efficient Drivetrains launches inline, triple-function, plug-in vehicle drivetrain - Green Big Truck 07dec2012 Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. has developed an inline Parallel-Series-Electric powertrain system for plug-in hybrid vehicles that is less complex, more efficient, less costly, and lighter than powertrains made by the competition."
- UQM PowerPhase System drives EDI’s Parallel-Series-Electric powertrain - InnovatioNews 04dec2012
- Electric vehicle firm Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. will expand in Dixon 10aug2012
- More 'Designed In USA' PHEV and CVT Technology Coming | Hybrid Cars 08aug2012
- EDI Goes Global; Now Open for Business in China - MarketWatch 14june2012
- How the father of plug-in hybrids still has a race to finish - Motoramic Yahoo! Autos 04may2012
- Are plug-in electric vehicles now China’s destiny? - Alysha Webb's ChinaEV Blog 03sept2011
- "Meet the Experts" Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Forum May 11, 2011 Featuring Professor Andy Frank, recognized as the father of modern plug-in hybrids, and Mr. Joerg Ferchau, a leader in innovative, automotive concepts.
- China Fleet Is Opportunity for U.S. Electric Car Companies | PluginCars.com 04april2011
- EnviroTek & Efficient Drivetrains Join Forces: “Smart Power” Engines with Hybrid Drivetrains 21dec2010
- Joerg Ferchau, CEO of EDI talked to us at the 2010 Plug-in conference | Driving the Nation 29aug2010
- Chinese Bus Maker Eyes Atlanta for Plug-in Hybrid - globalatlanta.com 02june2010
- Solano County Business News: Drivetrains Inc. gets 'green' light, pulls into Dixon 06feb2009
- UC Davis Licenses PHEV Technology To Efficient Drivetrains Inc. - PowerPulse 29nov2007
- Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. – After Gutenberg 14nov2007
- Electric Car Infrastructure - Business News Network 31aug2010
- CVT for electric vehicles and hybrids. EDI PlugIn-2010 -6 - TilTuli on Jul 28, 2010
- Efficient Drivetrains Professor Andy Frank - ContentXVideo on Dec 4, 2009
- Godfather of the Plug-In - greentechmedia on May 1, 2009
- Plug-In 2008 - Efficient Drivetrains - uberpulse on Jul 23, 2008
More About EDI
- Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. - BusinessWeek
- Efficient Drivetrains at LinkedIn
- Efficient Drivetrains Inc. | Dixon Chamber of Commerce
- Andrew A Frank, Chief Technology Officer
More about: Businesses in Dixon CA