Shinn Park is a historical park in Fremont, CA. James and Lucy Shinn first owned the property in 1856. The oldest building there is a cottage that was built in 1840's. It is one of the oldest buildings in the area. There are beautiful gardens and many large trees on the property. Florence Mayhew Shinn gave the Shinn family home, the farm and the surrounding land to the city of Fremont in 1962. The Shinn home opened in 1976. The land and home where Shinn park is was the second gift of land to the city of Fremont. In 1930 the Shinn family gave the city land in Niles to build the Veterans Hall on. Weddings are done at the park year round.
Address is 1251 Peralta Blvd. Shinn House Fremont, CA 94536
Singleton, Jill M. "Shinn Family Contributions To The Community" Musem Of Local History, Web. Mar 15, 2014