- Broward Circuit Judge Thomas Lynch suspends public feeding ban
- City Official News
- Local 10: Mayor's claims about daily homeless feedings in Fort Lauderdale called false
- Russell Brand Weighs In on Fort Lauderdale Homeless Feeding Restrictions
- Jack Seiler says Arnold Abbott, 90-year-old, wasn't taken into custody for feeding homeless
- Food Not Bombs (Florida)
- Love Thy Neighbor
- Commissioner Dean Trantalis - voted against the ordinances
One of the major proponents of the city ordinances was the Fort Lauderdale Woman's Club.
- Sally Alshouse - interview with Local 10 News can be viewed here.
- Voted for the ordinances
Fort Lauderdale passed multiple city ordinances designed to prohibit feeding the homeless in public. Below is sourced from the Sun Sentinel story "Fort Lauderdale commissioners pull all-nighter and approve homeless feeding restrictions"
- Requiring portable restrooms
- Requiring portable hand washing stations
- Feeding sites cannot be within 500 feet of each other
- Only one is allowed in any given city block
- Any site would have to be at least 500 feet away from residential properties
- Official Ordinances
- Give Fort Lauderdale