Photo from 2003-2004Architectural Survey Cards, Histories, House Highlights

264 College Avenue SE is located in Heritage Hill. It was built in 1889. It's architectural significance is WORTHY OF MENTION. Past owners include Waddell/Leni,George.


Queen Anne - 1989 Tour


Built 100 years ago in 1889 by architect, George Waddell whoalso owned the lot to the north where the carriage house was located. This house is believed to be the oldest log structure and the only log house still standing in the city of Grand Rapids. Logs are tongue and groove, half log siding. The house originally had a porch which ran 3/4 of the way across the front with a swing at the end. It was very private with tall shrubs and an awning so the "girls could sit out in their nighties on hot summer nights". It was removed in the early 1940's

Geographic coordinates are 42.95817°N, 85.65673°WLatitude: 42°57′29.412″N
Longitude: 85°39′24.228″W

External Links

Original data from Heritage Hill Associaton