Welcome to the Irvine Wiki, a wiki about the city of Irvine, California, USA. Not much here yet, but feel free to jump on in and contribute.
See Wiki Spot's Help with Editing if you don't know how to edit yet.
Quick Start Guide!
First read the rest of this page!
Go to Wiki Settings and change the settings for your wiki!
Click the edit button up top of this page and create your new front page.
Start adding content to your wiki and read about building community
Tell your friends, family, acquaintances, enemies, multiple personalities, etc.
Default Pages Included With Your Wiki
This is a simple list of of all pages included with your wiki. You will hopefully create many, many more!
- All Pages is an automatically generated list of all the pages in your wiki.
- Bookmarks is for your bookmarks on this wiki. Every user has his/her own bookmarks page based on what they choose to bookmark on this wiki. To bookmark a page, simply click "Bookmark" at the bottom of the page! (Interwiki Bookmarks on wikispot shows you all of your bookmarks on all wikis.)
- Front Page is the page you're currently viewing.
- Events Board is a page where anyone can post events in the community.
- Help links to the main help pages on wikispot — useful for reference.
- Interwiki Map — link to non-Wiki Spot wikis using interwiki links by adding names and URLs of wikis to this page.
- Orphaned Pages contains an automatically generated list of pages with no links to them. Ideally, this page should be empty — keep your wiki well-linked!
- Outgoing Links lists all pages sorted by the number outgoing links on each page. This provides a good place to start if you're feeling gnomeish and want to link-up some pages with few to no links.
- Quick Wiki Tips — At the top of Recent Changes shows randomly selected tips from this page.
- Recent Changes shows all the recent activity on the wiki in a given time period. This page lets everybody see what's happening in your wiki! (Interwiki Recent Changes on wikispot shows you the recent changes on all the wikis you're watching.)
- Random Pages is a randomly generated list of twenty-five pages. Good for finding pages to edit once your wiki grows large.
- Site Organization has links to pages that help you keep your wiki well organized.
- Templates is a user created list of template pages — pages that you can use as starting blocks for making new pages. Templates/Business is there just to give you an idea of what a template should be.
- User Statistics is a page that displays statistics, such as the number of edits, for each person who's edited your wiki.
- Wanted Pages contains all the pages that are linked to, but do not yet exist. This is another good place to start gnomeing.
- Wiki Sandbox is a place for users to play around with the wiki without disturbing your content.
- Wiki Settings contains the administrative settings for your wiki.
- Wiki Settings/CSS is the page where you can upload different style sheets that change your wiki's appearance.
- Wiki Settings/General contains general settings for your wiki.
- Wiki Settings/Images allows you to customize images on your wiki, such as your logos.
- Wiki Settings/Security lets you change the default security settings of your wiki and create user groups to control access.
Making new pages!
To create a new page, simply search for the name of the page you wish to create and then click the "Create a new page with this title" link. Another way to create a new page is by making a link to the page you wish to create from a page that already exists, following the link, and clicking "Create this page."