The Red Barn in Estero Park has been a barn, a punk music venue, and a homeless shelter. It is now a storage shed for the Isla Vista Recreation and Park District. (The Old Campbell Barn is also red and nearby.)
On page 19 of this planning document, the County says: "The only known structure older than 50 years within the Estero Park plan area is commonly referred to as the Red Barn. Based on a review of aerial photos maintained at Santa Barbara County Planning & Development, the barn appears to have been located at its present site between 1938 and 1950...the barn meets criterion C for its distinctive type of architecture, which is rare in Isla Vista, and may be considered eligible for listing as a historical resource."
Some show flyers
- September 21, year unknown - The Radicts, Cringer, Amenity
- July 20, year unknown - Spitboy, Heroin
- January 5, year unknown - Born Against, No Escape, G-Whiz, Downcast, Sucker Punch
- December 20, 1985 - Melvins, Entropy, NOFX, Antikrieg
- December 8, 1990 - Sawhorse, Infest, Outspoken, Downcast, Suckerpunch
- June 1, 1991 - Green Day, The Fixtures, Suckerpunch, X Stand As One X - check out the story and the documentation
- August 16, year unknown - Dr. Know, Beyond Possession
See this Facebook page for lots more flyers from other punk shows in Isla Vista and Goleta around that time!