Welcome to Norwalk LocalWiki. The free and openly editable encyclopedia of everything in Norwalk, Connecticut.
Anybody can easily edit this website to share knowledge with citizens of Norwalk and the world! Simply click on Edit at the top of any article, or click on any dashed link representing an article that does not yet exist, but is requested.
The History of Norwalk begins with the original inhabitants of the area. There is archaeological evidence that suggests substantial pre-contact inhabitancy of the area by human beings dating back as early as 5000 years ago.
The native people who first contacted European settlers at Norwalk were the Norwalke Indians, a small tribe of the Siwanoy. The first recorded contact was made in 1614 by Dutch navigator Adriaen Block. Block mentions his visit to the Norwalk Islands in the records of a fur trading expedition with Native Americans along the Connecticut coast.
Life in Norwalk
- Businesses: Retail Sales, Manufacturers, Shopping Centers, Restaurants, Bars & Nightclubs, Supermarkets, Media, Company Employment Websites
- Education: Schools, Norwalk Community College,
- Entertainment: Movie Theaters, Music, Performing Arts, Sports
- History: Historic Houses, Urban Legends, Traditions, Historical place names, Norwalk Timeline
- Geography: Norwalk Landmarks, Neighborhoods, Hills, Streams, Ponds
- Housing: Real Estate, Rentals
- Government: City of Norwalk, City Hall, Politics, Boards and Commissions, Economics, Media
- Organizations: Volunteer Opportunities, Spiritual Organizations, Social Clubs
- Recreation: Parks, Museums
- Tourism: Chamber of Commerce, Hotels and Motels, Bed and Breakfasts
- Transportation: Driving, Parking, Public Transit, Metro-North, Taxi Services
- Norwalk Coast: Norwalk River, Norwalk Islands, Inlets, Points
|Events Calendars | Introduction | General Index | Norwalk Wiki Guide | Norwalk | Business Directory | Services Directory | Restaurant Guide|
Some interesting pages
Explore nearby regions
Or maybe you want to see all LocalWiki regions?