Christmas On The Moon was a holiday celebration in December 1953 sponsored by the Junior Chamber of Commerce. The plaza in front of city hall was decorated to look like a snow-dusted moonscape, complete with a rocket ship.
Santa came for a visit, and distributed candy from Edy's.
Links and References
- ohrphoto_cityhall_053 Oakland History Center
- Yule Decoration Deadline Near Oakland Tribune December 6, 1953
- photo Oakland Tribune December 6, 1953
- Santa Rockets In For A Yule Date In The Plaza Oakland Tribune December 13, 1953
- And Suddenly--Christmas Is Practically Here Again! Oakland Tribune December 13, 1953
- Santa to Arrive Tonight At The City Hall Plaza Oakland Tribune December 14, 1953